- YU Jeoungyeol
- CHANG Shawn
- Simon Segars
- Belen Garijo
- Pål Eitrheim
- Robert S. Langer
- Francis Van Prays
- Jean-Paul Rodrigue
- Mark Bueltel-Herz
- Hakan Cervell
- Jim Falteisek
- Sean Blakeley
- KIM Yangpaeng
- SHIN Wook
- Dirk Lukat
- Jacques-Etienne Michel
- SEO YoungHoon
- KWON HyoukGun
- HUH KyungHwa
- Matthias Bausenwein
- KIM Sunki
- AHN SungIi
- MOON Jennifer
YU Jeoung YeolPresident & CEO - KOTRA
- 2004 M.A. in Public Administration, Harvard Kennedy School, MA, USA
- 1994 Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea
- 2021.05 - current President & CEO, Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency (KOTRA)
- 2020 - 2021 Secretary to the President for the Industrial Policy, Office of the Senior Presidential Secretary for Economic Affairs, Office of the President
- 2018 - 2020 Deputy Minister for Industry and Enterprise Innovation, Deputy Minister for Industrial Policy, MOTIE
- 2017 - 2018 Vice Minister, Defense Acquisition Program Administration
- 2016 - 2017 Director General for Materials and Components, Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy (MOTIE)
CHANG ShawnCommissioner of Invest KOREA - Invest KOREA
- Shawn Chang is the head of Invest KOREA, which is an organization specializing in the promoting of foreign investment into the Republic of Korea. Invest KOREA provides one-stop services to foreign investors, including investment consultations, execution of investment, follow-up support, and other services for the entire investment cycle. Experts in the fields of industries, law, and accounting, are working hard to support the smooth investment of foreign businesses in the Republic of Korea. As the “in the middle of difficulty lies opportunity” saying goes, Shawn is looking for opportunities within the COVID-19 crisis. He is thus actively cooperating with Korean and global experts with the goal of supporting the reorganization of the global value chain of businesses worldwide and vitalizing the industrial ecosystem in Korea. He is doing so by drawing foreign companies that create many jobs, those with cutting-edge technologies, and the headquarters of global companies into Korea in addition to the existing drawing of quantitative investment into Korea.
Simon SegarsCEO - ARM Holdings
- 2019 University of Sussex, BEng, electronic engineering
- 1996 University of Manchester, MSc, computer science
- 2017.06 - current Board Member, SoftBank Group Corp
- 2014.03 - current Board Member, Global Semiconductor Alliance
- 2013.07 - current Arm, CEO
Belen GarijoCEO – Merck
Belén Garijo is the Chair of the Executive Board and CEO of Merck. She joined Merck in 2011 as Chief Operating Officer of the Biopharma business, becoming President and CEO of Healthcare in 2015. Before taking her current office in May 2021, Belén Garijo served as Vice-Chair of the Executive Board and Deputy CEO.
In addition, Belén Garijo was selected as #6 among the 50 most influential global female business leaders(excluding the Untied States) by Fortune magazine in the United States in 2021.
Pål EitrheimVice President – Equinor ASA
- 1990 - 1997 Cand.polit. (Comparative Politics) – University of Bergen, Norway and University College Dublin, Ireland, with university courses (“grunnfag”) in history (1992) and public law (1993).
- 2017 - 2018 Chief procurement officer, Statoil ASA
- 2014 - 2017 President of Statoil Brazil and senior vice president for Statoil South America.
- 2011 - 2014 Senior vice president for Corporate Strategy and Analysis. In 2013, he led the Secretariat for the investigation into the terrorist attack on the In Amenas gas processing facility in Algeria.
Robert S. LangerChair Professor – Massachusetts Institute of Technbology
- Master of Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Graduated from Cornell University * Major: drug delivery system and tissue engineering
- International researcher at the Royal College of Engineering
- Moderna's founding member
- Professor at Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Francis Van PraysVice President CommercialAsia-Pacific – Cytiva
Francis Van Parys is currently responsible for providing transformational technologies in biopharmaceutical research, manufacturing and diagnostics to Cytiva customers and partners in the lifesciences industry in China, India, Japan, Korea, ASEAN and Australia-New Zealand.
While his name would suggest a French connection, Francis is a Belgian citizen whose career has spanned far and wide, and he is currently based in Asia.
Francis is a seasoned global executive who served in a number of General Management roles before becoming President of GE Healthcare Korea in 2017. In that role, he was responsible for helping provide medical technologies and solutions to the healthcare industry in Korea, from diagnostic imaging,monitoring and digital solutions through to life sciences.
He joined Cytiva when it was known as GE Healthcare Life Sciences in 2009 as General Manager for Commercial Operations in EMEA and was later appointed Global Product General Manager, Research and Applied Markets, responsible for the consumables and hardware portfolio. He then became GlobalCommercial General Manager for Cell Culture in 2016.
Francis started his career by joining GE in a sales leadership program in 2001 and had early-care assignments in Belgium and Germany, before taking on sales marketing positions of increasing responsibility at GE Industrial Solutions.
He graduated from the University of Ghent in Belgium with a Master’s degree in Material Science and Engineering. He also holds a Master of Science in Polymer Technology from UMIST in Manchester,UK. Francis lives in Seoul, Korea, with his wife and two sons.
Jean-Paul RodrigueProfessor – Hofstra Univercity
- University of Montreal, Transport Geography
- Hofstra University, Department of Global Studies and Geography Professor
- Board member of the University Transportation Research Center, Region II of the City University of New York
- 2013 - 2018 US Merchant Marine Academy, Advisory Board
- 2011 - 2016 World Economic Forum Member
Mark Bueltel-HerzVice President – BASF Company Korea
- 2000 – 2004 Master of Business Administration, Univ. of Applied Sciences(Diplom Betriebswirt, FH) Ludwigshafen University of Business and Society
- 2019 – current Vice President – Business Services Korea, CFO BASF Company Korea
- 2015 – 2019 Chief Financial Officer and Head of Service Functions Africa Compliance Officer Africa, BASF Holdings South Africa, South Africa
- 2014 – 2015 Head of Management Accounting Iberia, BASF Española, Spain
Hakan CervellPresident & CEO – Ericsson-LG
Håkan Cervell is appointed as President and CEO of Ericsson-LG from April 2019. He is also a member of Ericsson Market North East Asia (MNEA) leadership team.
Before the post, Cervell was Head of Ericsson Taiwan and has led sales and strategy development in Taiwan with outstanding achievements.
Since joining Ericsson in 1990, Cervell has held various positions within the company, including Software Development, Product Management, and Marketing & Project Management. He owns extensive experience in Consulting, Marketing and Sales in the Asian markets.
From 2003 to 2005, he established a consultant organization in the area of Telecom Management and Service Layer for Ericsson Malaysia, and from 2005 to 2007, served as Head of the Olympic organization for Ericsson Greater China. Cervell took the role of General Manager and Head of Key Account SmarTone-Vodafone in Ericsson Hong Kong from 2007 to April 2011, and Head of Marketing & Communications for North East Asia from 2011 to July 2014.
He is also a strong advocate of Ericsson’s the quest for easy promise, and he lays a solid foundation of Ericsson’s thought leadership in the industry.
Jim FalteisekSenior Vice President – 3M Korea
- 1993 University of St. Thomas, St. Paul, Minn
- 1987 University of Minnesota, Twin Cities -- Bachelor of Chemical Engineering
- 2020.01 Senior Vice President, 3M Asia Corporate Affairs and Managing Director, 3M Korea
- 2017.04 Vice President, Commercialization, Consumer Business Group, St. Paul
- 2015.01 Director, U.S. Sales and Marketing, Automotive Aftermarket Division, St. Paul
Sean BlakeleyChief Executive Officer – British Chamber of Commerce in Korea
- 2010 - 2012 Seoul National University, Master of Political Science and Diplomacy
- 1999 - 2002 University of Leeds (BA) English & History
- 2015.08 - current Chief Executive Officer of BCCK(British Chamber of Commerce in Korea)
- 2012.09 - 2015.08 Chief Executive Officer of Intralink Korea
- 2004.01 - 2008.03 Director of Youngdo Total Hydraulic Company
KIM YangpaengSenior Researcher – Korea Institute for Industrial Economics & Trade
- All But Dissertation in International Business Strategy(NIHON University, Japan)
- All But Dissertation in Science and Technology Policy(ChungNam National University, South Korea)
- 2014.02 - current Senior Researcher at Korea Institute for Industrial Economics and Trade
- Senior Researcher at The Korean Embassy in Japan
- Instructor at Japan Healthcare College
SHIN WookManager – Korea Growth Investment Corporation
- 2004.03 - 2013.02 Sogang University(Bachelor of Business Administration)
- 2021.01 - current Korea Growth Investment Corporation
- 2018.01 - 2021.01 Kiwoom Asset Management
- 2013.01 - 2018.01 Hanwha Engineering & Construction
Dirk LukatChairperson – European Chamber of Commerce In Korea
- Since 2017, Mr. Lukat has been a director of the ECCK Board and Chairperson of the ECCK Logistics & Transport Committee. He was appointed as the Chairperson of the ECCK in July 2020.
- 2015 – current Schenker Korea Ltd. CEO
- 2000 – 2014 Schenker-Seino Co., Ltd. General Manager
- 1998 – 1999 Schenker International PVT LTD General Manager
Jacques-Etienne MichelRepresentative – Equinor Korea
- HEC Paris, Master of Business Administration – MBA Marketing/Marketing Management, General
- Cranfield University, Master of Science
- 2020.01 - current Country Managing Director, Equinor South Korea
- 2019.10 - 2020.11 Equinor South Korea Business Development Manager
- 1919.01 - 1919.10 Manager Integrated Operation Centre (Digitalization),Norway
SEO YoungHoonCEO – Solvay Korea
- 2003 Korea University, Marketing, MBA
- 1988 Korea University, Agricultural Chemistry
- 2018.07 - current Country & MBU (Multi Global Business Unit) Manager Solvay Korea
- 2015 General Manager for Novecare Korea Reginal Market Director for Agro / China & Korea Solvay Novecare Asia Pacific
- 2010 Regional Market Director for Agro / Asia Pacific Solvay Novecare Asia Pacific
KWON HyoukGunHead of Finance – Siemens Healthineers Ultrasound Korea
- Studies in Business Management at Friedrich-Alexander University, Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany; MBA
- 2015 Siemens Healthineers Ltd., Ultrasound unit, Seongnam, South Korea - Head of Finance, SUSKO (R&D and Manufacturing) - Board of Directors
- 2010 Siemens Ltd. Seoul, Ultrasound unit, South Korea - Head of Finance, APAC Regional headquarter
- 2007 Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Ltd., Seoul, South Korea - Chief Financial Officer
HUH KyungHwaCEO – Korea Innovative Medicines Consortium
- Management course of Business School in Singapore National University
- MBA degree of Yonsei University
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy from Seoul National University
- 2020.03 - current CEO of KIMCo
- 2018.03 - current Adjunct Professor, Department of Pharmaceutical Industry, Sungkyunkwan University
- 2017.07 - current Vice Chairman of KPBMA
Matthias BausenweinPresident Asia-Pacific – Ørsted
- Universität Bayreuth, Diplom-Kaufmann (Univ), Business Administration, Production Management, Marketing, International Management
- Universidad de Málaga, Economics and Business Administration
- 2016.07 – current President Asia-Pacific, Orsted, Taiwan
- 2015.01 - 2016 Head of Market Development, Offshore Wind, Orsted, Hamburg
- 2013.08 - 2015.01 Head of Project Development, Germany and Netherlands
KIM SunkiVice Director – Presidential Committee for Balanced National Development Director General of Planning
- 2020.05 – current Vice director - Director General of Planning of Presidential Committee for Balanced National Development - Manager of the Resource Industry Policy Division of the Energy Resource Office - Director of Resource Security Policy Division, Energy Resources Office
AHN SungIiIndustry and Energy Free Economic Zones Director of planning – Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy
- Seoul National University, Master of Public Administration
- Colorado State Univiversity, Master of Communications Engineering
- Director of Defense Products Trade Support Center
- Regional Economic Policy Officer of the Ministry of Trade, Industry, and Energy
- 2019.11 Director of the Free Economic Zone Planning Division of the Ministry of Industry
MOON JenniferPrincipal anchor & chief editor – Arirang TV
- Jennifer Moon is Chief Editor and Principal Anchor at Arirang TV, one of Korea’s leading global broadcasters. She was the network’s chief presidential office correspondent for the first 18 months of the Moon Jae-in administration and led Arirang News’ special reports, breaking news and primetime political coverage. As an award-winning journalist and documentary filmmaker, Moon is known for her outstanding work in the field, reporting/anchoring from breaking news events across the world. In Feb. 2017, she interviewed a senior North Korean defector and broke rare access to the heavily militarized inter-Korean border. She is the only Korean journalist to have hosted a TV debate for the WEF in Davos; Moon has hosted major global events such as the G20 Leaders’ Summit, the Nuclear Security Summit, and AIIB. Her work has been recognized with global journalism and human rights awards for documentaries, “Comfort Women” One Last Cry, “Smart with Heart”: The Human Face of the 4th Industrial Revolution, and “The Day, 64 Years Too Late.” Moon holds an M.A. in Journalism from Columbia University and an Honors B.A. in Int'l Relations and Political Science from the University of Toronto. She started her professional career at the United N\ations in Vienna, Austria.